Library FG Medicine
The Library for the Research Group “Technology Assessment of Biotechnology in Medicine and Neurosciences” contains about 1,500 volumes. The thematic focus of the collection reflects the requirements of the interdisciplinary character of our work.
The thematic focus is as follows:
Studies concerned with medical, social, economic, judicial and ethical considerations along with implications of bio-technological and medical innovation.
- Technology Assessment, Health Technology Assessment and Evidence Based Medicine;
- Sociology of Knowledge and Technology as well as Social Theory;
- Political Theory, Technology Policy and Governance
- Social, Philosophical und Biological Anthropology;
- Philosophy of Science and Technology
The library is now located at the Department of Informatics, Vogt-Kölln-Str. 30, 22527 Hamburg.
The library is a reference library. Therefore, the volumes cannot be taken off the premise. Reading areas and copy machines are available.